- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Effective Thesis collects information provided by the expert as filled out in the expert form such as:
- expert’s name
- website or LinkedIn
- academic discipline
- current occupation
- research interests
- relevant research directions
- match of their research interests with some of our recommended research directions
- university affiliation (if applicable)
- details on their preference for the kind of students they would like to support
- details on the kind of support they would like to offer
- details on how often they can be contacted
- any other information they would like to provide
How do we collect your data?
Your data is collected only through the information you provide to us when you agree to fill our expert form. You may come across this form either online on our website or receive this form via online communication (e.g. email) after Effective Thesis has either received a recommendation, or through an online search.
How will we use your data?
Effective Thesis uses your data for the following:
- To suggest you to students as an expert to support the students we work with on their research proposals or thesis questions based on their chosen research directions.
- To occasionally inform others, such as research training program organisers and research organisations, about your work where we believe this will be relevant to them, to further our aim of facilitating impactful research in the areas we recommend.
Who sees your data?
Effective Thesis shares your data with:
- The whole Effective Thesis team
- Students we work with
- Potentially other relevant organisations and individuals such as research training program organisers
How do we store your data?
Effective Thesis securely stores your data primarily on Notion and Airtable, and any data provided through feedback forms is stored with the relevant form provider.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect. It is important to remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, and therefore we cannot 100% guarantee the security of the Personal Data we collect.
Effective Thesis may keep your data for as long as we believe you may be available to guide students in your role as an expert, unless you request that your data is erased.
What are your data protection rights?
Effective Thesis would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Effective Thesis for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Effective Thesis correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Effective Thesis to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Effective Thesis erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Effective Thesis restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Effective Thesis’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Effective Thesis transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at: +30 698 5918 346
Or email us at: email@example.com
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +30 698 5918 346
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Effective Thesis has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. See the website here to find your relevant office: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/